Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software My Favorite Things: Soothing Foods & Drinks for Yucky Days ~ Byrd is the Wyrd

Friday, February 15, 2013

My Favorite Things: Soothing Foods & Drinks for Yucky Days



This week, I have been feeling under the weather. In other words, just plain yucky. I've got 5 tried & true not necessarily remedies, but definitely the perfect ways to ease my way through these yucky days. I used to think that good ole homemade chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers & diet Sprite were the only acceptable items to go to. So let's get to the list, shall we?

1. Creamy Broccoli Soup. I know what you're thinking. That sounds like a horrible sick day food, but it is so not!! It's warm, creamy & very tasty. Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange. It has almost as much calcium as whole milk, and the calcium is better absorbed. Broccoli contains selenium, a mineral that has been found to have anti-viral properties. It also has incredible antioxidant properties.

2. Pretzels! They are salty which most upset stomachs love. They are a nice bulky & bland carbohydrate, so they fill up your stomach a bit & absorb excess liquids. Pretzels are low fat, have a nice amount of dietary fiber & are ven fairly low in sodium, surprisingly enough. They are a nice alternative to the normal saltine cracker suggestion.

3. Diet Ginger Ale. It's carbonated of course, which gives it automatic stomach soothing abilities. No nutritional values, but yay it has no caffeine.

4. Mashed Potatoes with salt & pepper. These are bland, easy to eat & downright tasty. Add just a touch of salt. They are a good source of Vitamin C.

5. Lime Sherbert. It's cold, it's super tasty & if you mix it with Sprite Zero it becomes the most soothing, decadent drink a hurting tummy can find!!!


I can't wait to see some of y'alls subjects you come up with for a 5 Favorite Things post. I hope you will leave me links so I can learn some new things!!



0 comments:

t h e • w y r d • i s