Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software Subscription Boxes: August Goodies (& Not So Goodies!) ~ Byrd is the Wyrd

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Subscription Boxes: August Goodies (& Not So Goodies!)

I'm currently only subscribed to 2 monthly boxes:
• Ipsy
• Loot Crate.

Past boxes I've tried include:
• Love with Food
• Nature Box
• Birchbox
• Conscious Box
• Beauty Box 5
• Julep
• Bulu Box
• Goodies Box

So, here we go; what I received this month!!



August Loot Crate "Heroes"
• Shwings Wings for your shoes - $10.00
• TMNT Bandana Sunglasses (I got Michelangelo) - $15.00
• Deadpool Magnet - $1.00
• TMNT Ooze Action Figure (I got Michelangelo) - $20.00
• Funko POP! Groot Exclusive - $25.00
• Digital Loot - $5.00
• Monthly Theme Pin & Magazine - August Heroes
(Retail values are approximate.)

Loot Crate Subscription Costs:
• 1 month plan: $13.37/mo. + $6 S&H
• 3 month plan: $12.37/mo. + $6 S&H
• 6 month plan: $11.67/mo. + $6 S&H
SUBSCRIBE HERE

Well, first I want to say that Loot Crate NEVER disappoints me! I guess I am a true geek, HAHA!! So, with this month's super cool "Heroes" theme, I just knew there would be something I would just love to pieces! And I was right, so YAY! It's no secret that I am a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan. And the August Loot Crate came with not 1, but 2 TMNT items inside, so I was super excited! Oh, & extra bonus, they were both Michelangelo, which just so happens to be my favorite of the guys! WIN WIN! I also got a special edition Funko Pop Groot figure from Guardians of the Galaxy, which I haven't had the chance to see yet, but I am hearing rave reviews about. But I never turn down collectible figures, woot! The Shwings Wings are cute & cool looking, so now I just need to decide which pair of my sneakers to decorate with them! So this was an overall better than average month, I gotta admit! I am going to have to give the August Loot Crate "Heroes" an A




August Glam Bag "Schooled"
• Absolute Lip Balm (I got Grape)
• GlamGlow YouthMud® TingleXfoliate Treatment
• Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
• Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil
• Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo
• Polka-Dot Cosmetic Bag (Orange & White)

Ipsy Glam Bag Subscription Costs:
• 1 month plan: $10.00/mo. + Free S+H
• 12 month plan: $110.00/yr. + Free S&H (1 mo. Free)
SUBSCRIBE HERE

Overall this month, I was quite underwhelmed, to say the least. The lipgloss is like something I would give my 8 year old niece (& I probably will, LOL). I don't really use bronzer/glow type products. I am already satisfied with my current facial regimen, have opted out of skin treatment products & yet they send them to me almost monthly. I can never have too many eyeliners or mascaras, so those samples satisfied me enough. For this month, the only product I really was happy with was the Urban Decay Mascara. I'm only going to give the August Ipsy Glam Bag "Schooled" a C-.

0 comments:

t h e • w y r d • i s